Thanks yet again to YouTube for this recipe for home made texture paste.
I've been using my gelliplate recently and saw some great texture plates made with canvas boards, stencils and texture paste. Well of course I didn't have any texture paste to make the boards with so a quick look online and found this recipe.
Home made texture paste:
4 parts baby powder
2 parts white acrylic paint
1 part white glue or mod podge
Mix all together to a smooth paste and store in an airtight container. I made some about a month ago and it's still perfectly fine to use.
Things I learned:
- It works fantastically on paper or canvas but doesn't hold up so well on vellum.
- It goes on really smoothly even on quite intricate stencils.
- Use a credit care or side of a rule to smooth over large parts of a stencil.
- Mix dylusions spray ink into it to create coloured paste.
- Mix glitter and ink to make sparkly coloured paste.
- Mix perfect pearls in to make a pearly paste.